Thursday 10 November 2011

Newfoundland Gays


How many times have you watched an episode of some sorry daytime show where we see a 30 something slightly plain girl about to meet her boyfriend that she had been dating online for 3 years. They were meeting so they could get married. Complete strangers and going to get married based on foolish online conversations. As an adult non-virgin I can say that this is absolutely crazy. I can also kind of understand it.
There is something really romantic about online flirtations. It is easy to get caught up in what might be rather than what really is. We look at the cute pictures, that are clearly intentional pics that have been cropped to portray your online love in the best possible light. We see that smile, those eyes that we get lost in. They say just the right things and tug at your heart with every word. It is weird but it totally is possible to fall for an online fling. But can it last? I don't really know. I hear about it all the time but I don't know anyone who up and moved around the world for a man they never met.
I know that when I fell in love in the past,  I knew almost instantly what was happening. I felt those butterflies, I got that knot in my stomach and I would lay in bed trying to sleep with the biggest smile on my face. Could I feel all of these emotions without being able to touch or feel or kiss? Im not sure.
I probably will never know because like all hot bearded east coast gay men, I seem to attract all the married guys from the mainland who think Newfie's are hot. Well, thats obvious isn't it. But we are also sweet, love to cook, can drink and dance with the best of them, love nature, can kayak around an iceberg in the wake of a whale tail. We can make a party laugh out loud and listen to your heartfelt cries. We will play with your dogs and help with you kids. We will pick you up at the airport at any hour and always help you move. We can dress up like a star but look just as good in a pair of jeans and sneakers.
I really don't need to find a husband online but clearly as you can see, us Newfoundland gay men are so awesome that I am apparently the only single one left! lol Friggin odd numbers! So alas, men from afar, It is I, your Newfoundland husband. Whoever my Australian readers are (I suspect my high school girlfriend lol) please, share this blog with all of your gay single friends! Thanks Angie! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment